Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Masking Tape Shoes

 



Expensive, But Sustainable
Masking Tape
11.5" x 4" x 7.5"
 


Expensive, But Sustainable is a sculpture of a Steve Madden sneaker that I own. I chose this sneaker because of the detail on it and I thought it would be fun to replicate. The title Expensive, but Sustainable refers to the fact that these shoes are not cheap and not easily accessible to everyone. However, as the viewer you can see that I have replicated the shoe using only one material and, honestly, if I had more time to make it stable I would most likely be able to wear it. The message I am trying to get across is that expensive shoes aren't a need and there are plenty of cheaper options available with the same design and style. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Memento

  GCF in NCY Clay, Resin, Red Paint 4" x 4" x 3.5" This sculpture represents the time I visited New York with my friends and ...